Monday, September 07, 2009

Scrapbook Deals4U.com

Hello!!

Happy Labor Day, all! I hope you're taking some time for yourselves and enjoying the long weekend! We've managed to do that a bit around here with a day on the river yesterday and some ball park time today. Here's hoping the rain holds off enough today to get outside and enjoy this last day of summer!

In the meantime, I had something I wanted to share with you. This month I had the honor of being the guest designer at Scrapbook Deals 4U.com this month! I was completely honored when Martha asked me to contribute and I have to say when I got my Delight Kit in the mail, I was also completely floored. I couldn't believe all the amazing things that came in it and the color combination was perfect for a mom of all boys! In fact, I used up just about every. single. scrap of paper to make these projects I'm about to share with you. No joke!

As I mentioned, these colors just seemed perfect for summer and boys, so I had an abundance of pictures I couldn't wait to use. These are some of my favorites from this summer. They are of my middle son, Turner, blowing some bubbles. I chose the "B" side of some of the Fancy Pants papers to create a really subtle tone-on tone design and pulled out my trusty circle cutter for a "bubble-like" effect. And the buttons! Oh how I loved these pearl-finished buttons!


Supplies: Fancy Pants PP, Creative Imaginations PP, Bazzill CS, BasicGrey Chipboard alphas, Colorbox (Clearsnap) chalk ink, Zig pen, buttons

For this next project I completely lifted a piece by the amazing Stephanie Dagan. Stephanie is a French designer who's use of color has me constantly in awe. I've had several of her layouts marked as inspiration for quite some time and have been dying to try my hand at combining colors the way she does. This Delight kit couldn't have been better for that so here is my lift of Stephanie's "Enjoy Water" layout. (You can see more of her work here.) I created a library pocket for this library themed layout out of green cardstock and used it to hold my journaling.



Supplies: Fancy Pants PP, Creative Imaginations PP, Bazzill CS, Colorbox (Clearsnap) chalk ink, Zig pen, Uniball pen (white), buttons

I love how the patterns in this line go so well together. It really made working with it so easy! I took the scrap strips from the first two layouts and made the background for this one! This was my baby's first day riding the bus to Kindy. He was so excited and was waiting for it much longer than he actually needed to!

Supplies: Fancy Pants PP, Creative Imaginations PP, Bazzill CS, WorldWin Carstock (yellow), Doodlebug alpha stickers, Making Memories tiny alpha, Colorbox (Clearsnap) chalk ink, Zig pen, cord, KI Memories Softies

And because I couldn't stand to not use any of this paper, I made three cards with what I had left! The first one uses that adorable "Hoo Loves You" card and yummy orange satin ribbon. I tied a big orange button to the bow with cording and added the green leaves cut from the green paper as an extra embellishment. The sentiment "i do!" is on the inside.


I've used this particular card design over and over again because it's such an easy one to do and I love the look. I used a circle punch to hold my sentiment and then cut out some of the flowers from the floral paper to use as accents. The dotted paper just makes me happy!


And here's my final card using one of those fantastic paper flowers and some layered buttons! I love layering buttons for flower centers. For this one I secured it with the cording again and used a glue dot to adhere it to my card. The mini alphas were the perfect size for my sentiment.


Have a wonderful (non) Labor Day!

xoxo,
k.

12 comments:

Maya said...

These are amazing!!! Your LO's are so colorful and full of details...and your photos are out of this world!!

Love this blog!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Kelly...your work so inspires me....I love the use of pp's and colors and all the details that just represent you love for your family!!! Thank you for sharing with us!!! Wishing you a wonderful day!!!! :)

kelly said...

love these, kelly!!!!

Kim M said...

Love the layouts and the cards too, definitely going to be lifting some of these!!

cnelson said...

you never cease to amaze!! fabulous work as always! i'm in awe of your talent!

mustangkayla said...

All I can do is shake my head! You are so INCREDIBLY talented! I just LOVE yoru work!

Peg said...

Hi Kelly
Great post - you shared soooo many great projects - LOVE them all!!!! What a perfect way to end the Labor Day weekend, than with one of Kelly's posts :-)
Take care & I hope you have a great week!!!!

stephanieD said...

Hello Kelly! I just want to thank you for this fabulous LO you made and the sweet words you write. I am so much flattered I shall have will inspire you. Your work is totally amazing! I love all that you make, it's just perfection each time.
Thanks so much Kelly.

Lori Gentile said...

You made such gorgeous projects with the kit! I love it all!!!

Linda Beeson said...

I love every bit of this goodness, what great colors, but my favorite are your cards!

*reyanna* said...

Kelly, you are amazing. Truly amazing. Your work has my mouth dropped... every time! I think you have more talent in your pinky finger than most of us have in our whole bodies! LOL. Beautiful work! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. :-D

TenSGal said...

Found your blog on Pinterest...you have amazing and inspirational pages. I'm a new follower! :)