Wednesday, May 09, 2007

What a Difference


...a {school} year makes! Today was the last day of Preschool for Carson as tomorrow's field trip (to the petting zoo) doesn't really count! ;)

At the beginning of the school year, my little man would hardly look at anybody at school and wouldn't say a word in class (up until a month ago even). He hated leaving us and would cry terribly. It killed me and it was all I could do to keep sending him. But all of a sudden, he realized what a fun place school was - a place free of brothers bugging you - and a place where he could just be Carson. And he grew - and grew....both inside and out. And I'm in awe....

Congrats on your first year of school, wee man. I love you!


ETA: Ok, so sometimes a photo just inspires you so I stayed up til about 1 am scrapping this! :)

5 comments:

corinne5 said...

So recognizable! Jadenn our youngest just goes to school and he is shy too in school with the other kids. He loves school though from day one, but I can't wait to see him less shy around his classmates. cute pictures btw!

corinnexxx

Jana said...

Yay for your little man, I can SO relate!! That's the way my middle son was too. Hope you're doing well!

Unknown said...

Hey, Kelly, sounds just like my Ryan. He didn't want to go at the beginning either and now just loves it. I can't believe that it's over in a few weekes either.
I love those pictures side by side - to see the comparison and ... your layout rocks!!

Tracey Odachowski said...

Awww, that is so wonderful! I'm glad that he got over his fear!

Cathy said...

Wow, love your work and your blog...

such great inspiration!!

Thanks!!