Monday, February 26, 2007

The Newport Aquarium

Thank you to everyone that has kept my mother-in-law in your prayers and those that have taken the time to send me a personal note. Unfortunately, we didn't get down to Nashville this weekend to see my MIL. She just wasn't ready to come up yet from Georgia - it's been hard letting go and figuring out what she wants to do from here. Since my FIL passed away, the house has been all she had and so much of who you are is tied up in that, and I'm afraid she's feeling a bit lost. Hopefully she'll come up soon and we'll get down to see her. The boys are excited about that.

But since we didn't get to go visit and since I'm heading out of town for a bit in a little over a week, we made this weekend "Family Fun Weekend!" Saturday we took the 1.5 hour drive to Cincinnati to visit the amazing aquarium there. The boys were beyond in awe as they looked around. Carson absolutely adored the huge tunnels with the fish swimming all around him - especially the sharks! I swear this kiddo has NO fear! (VERY scary for me!) His other "cool" thing was "finding Nemo!"

We also spent a little time on the Levee shopping and eating at the 50's Diner, Johnny Rockets. It was really cute when the waiters and waitresses got up to dance. ;) Apparently the trip was so fun that we had three little boys passed out by the time we even got 2 blocks on our way back home! It totally reminded me that we need to do things like this more often!






7 comments:

Missy said...

ok that's funny...
one of my very best friends drove the 2 hours from Columbus to Cinci to go to the aquarium saturday too!!

We've got to make a trip... it looks waaaaay too cool!

Anonymous said...

wow. those photos are amazing. you're going to have to tell me what settings you used.

i do hope you can see your MIL soon. what a tragedy. i will continue to hold her in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Hi
I'm so glad I came across your web site, I love your lay outs and am happy to get some fresh inspiration!
Is your work digital or paper? It is absolutely beautiful!

J

Unknown said...

Awesome photos! So precious with that little finger pressed up against the glass to point at Nemo!! :)

Keeping your MIL in prayer! I can't imagine what she must be going through...hugs!

RACHEL =) said...

Hey Kelly! So sorry to hear about your MIL - I hope she is doing better now... will say a prayer.

LOVE the pictures, so gorgeous and vibrant! Can't wait to see how you scrap them!! :)

Anonymous said...

loved the pictures Kelly. They almost made me think i was there.

Jana said...

Great pics!